Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

Review of Charm School

I cannot believe that I, a fine, upstanding male moose of great intelligence, read this. What can I say, it was a slow day, it was on the desk, and hey, someone's gotta review it.....

Having said that, it wasn't bad. When Bonny moves to a new house her mum has to take an accounting course before she can start work, and charm school is the only full day course Bonny is qualified for. Thrown into a world where biscuits are the enemy and insults are a new form of greeting she claims to have been sent to help with the sound and lighting for the 'purls and curls' talent show. But things don't turn out quite as expected when she decides to shake things up a little.

It's a girly book, there's no denying it. But its lighthearted and an easy read (it is aimed at kids after all), and it gives a remarkably accurate insight into what people are really like.

I sort of enjoyed it. But don't tell anyone I said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment